Re: [libxml++] libxml++ problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc usa net>
To: "libxml++" <libxmlplusplus-general lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [libxml++] libxml++ problem

> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 02:43, tim wrote:
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I am writting a c++ app and need xml support so i thought i would give
> > libxml++ a try. Anyways i can not get anything to compile, i am using
Debian
> > 3.0r1 I am using kdevelop 2.1. I tried a few of the examples that comes
with
> > libxml++ but none of them compile for eg (import node example)
> [snip]
> > main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char **)':
> > main.cpp:32: exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
> > main.cpp:47: no matching function for call to
`xmlpp::Element::import_node
> > (xmlpp::Node *&)'
> > main.cpp:50: no matching function for call to
> > `xmlpp::Document::write_to_string_formatted ()'
> > make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/test/test'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/test'
> > make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> > *** failed ***
>
> I guess that it works when you type make in one of the examples
> directories, because the examples are built as part of libxml++, though
> I suppose you could be using a debian package.
>
> It just looks like you have disabled exceptions with -fno-exceptions. Is
> this in your build files or CXXFLAGS or CFLAGS >environment variables.
>
> Maybe you are using some build files that are generated by KDevelop, but
> I would be surprised if that disables exceptions by >default.

Yeah i am using a debian package ...they a bit behind the times ...even
running the latest unstable debian, libxml++ is only at version 0.23 .....so
i downloaded 0.25 from libxml++ website and that fails to install
......."configure" returns without error but running "make" fails when it
tries to compile the examples i think(i can give the complete errors if
anyone can help fix it) .....i think i am going to give up using debain and
also mandrake 9.1 (both suffer the exact same problems i have described)
..can anyone recommend another distro that libxml++ will work on correctly
..red hat 9? slackware? ......in regards 2 kdevelop i am running that
standard straight out of the box.

Tim