Re: [libxml++] libxml++ problem

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 02:43, tim wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I am writting a c++ app and need xml support so i thought i would give
> libxml++ a try. Anyways i can not get anything to compile, i am using Debian
> 3.0r1 I am using kdevelop 2.1. I tried a few of the examples that comes with
> libxml++ but none of them compile for eg (import node example)
[snip]
> main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char **)':
> main.cpp:32: exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
> main.cpp:47: no matching function for call to `xmlpp::Element::import_node
> (xmlpp::Node *&)'
> main.cpp:50: no matching function for call to
> `xmlpp::Document::write_to_string_formatted ()'
> make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/test/test'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/test'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> *** failed ***

I guess that it works when you type make in one of the examples
directories, because the examples are built as part of libxml++, though
I suppose you could be using a debian package.

It just looks like you have disabled exceptions with -fno-exceptions. Is
this in your build files or CXXFLAGS or CFLAGS environment variables.

Maybe you are using some build files that are generated by KDevelop, but
I would be surprised if that disables exceptions by default.

murrayc usa net