RE: [libxml++] sax_parser example: entity not defined

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 04:12, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> Dan Dennedy wrote:
> > I just posted a revised
> > patch that embeds this handling inside SaxParser proper.
> > Note, it uses an empty dummy Document to perform its magic.
>
> I am very close to being able to check this in, but I would like some
> response to these questions:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=829721&group_id=129
> 99&atid=312999

done

> In particular, I am concerned that we must always use true in the
> constructor, or normal entity substitution is broken.

I do not like the boolean in the constructor and recommend removing it.

> I would be surprised
> if we always had to use this dummy document just to get normal entity
> substitution.

It can be made to work without using a Document object, just don't ask
me how because this is my preferred solution ;-). I think another
solution would end up duplicating much logic in libxml2.