Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] parametrizing libxml++ =?iso-8859-15?q?for the character=20=2Fstring?= type

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 16:39, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:

> Le Mercredi 29 Janvier 2003 16:42, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> > >
> > > well, I was under the impression that you'd put these changes into
> > > an 'unstable' branch.
> >
> > Yes, but even in the unstable branch there's no point in applying major
> > stuff unless we know it's going to work completely.
> >
> > Actually, _I_ started to think that we might even get this into 1.0 if
> > it proves itself quickly enough.
> >

> Hi,
>
> What I can do right now is to create a stable branch BRANCH_1_0 in CVS. It
> would become, very soon, the 1.0 version.
> The patchs proposed by Stefan would go in the HEAD version. If it proves
> itself quickly, we would merge the branches before doing the 1.0 version. If
> not, it will wait the 1.2 version, and the intermediate releases will be
> versionned 1.1.x

That makes sense to me. But it shouldn't be an excuse to ever have code
in cvs that is a regression.

> Does it sound good for you ?
>
> Stefan, since you're actively partipating to libxml++ now, I can give you
> access to the CVS for a while.

While his work has been great, so far his patches have been incomplete
and have changed extra stuff unnecessarily. I generally like to get
people into the correct habits before giving them full access. I suggest
that you wait a few days. I am very confident that he is going to be a
great help.