Re: [libxml++] Patch for libxml++ (was Re: Parsing streams of XML)

murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:

> On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 20:32, Ole Laursen wrote:
> > However, the lack of chunk-wise parsing is a show-stopper. I can't
> > derive from SaxParser since all the sexy details are kept private.
> > What about extending the interface?
> >
> > AFAICS, all it needs is:
> >
> >   virtual void parse_chunk(const std::string& chunk) throw(exception);
> >   virtual void finish_chunk_parsing() throw(exception);
> >
> > The contents of parse_chunk can be stolen almost verbatim from
> > parse_stream. I've put a small patch (with documentation and example)
> > here:
> >
> >   http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/misc/libxml++.patch
> >
> > Any chance of getting it in?
>
> You have implmeneted this by creating a parsing "context". We want to
> use the "context" system for all of the parse_* methods so that we don't
> have to use the current global settings. This has been discussed
> elsewhere on the list a few times. I think we should do that first.

I don't quite understand this, but I guess you're referring to:

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2772353

So are you saying that the patch is in the queue, but awaiting more
important changes? Or are you saying that it would need to be
revamped? The SAX parsers all seem to create their own context.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/