Re: [libxml++] Patch for libxml++ (was Re: Parsing streams of XML)

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 20:32, Ole Laursen wrote:
> However, the lack of chunk-wise parsing is a show-stopper. I can't
> derive from SaxParser since all the sexy details are kept private.
> What about extending the interface?
>
> AFAICS, all it needs is:
>
>   virtual void parse_chunk(const std::string& chunk) throw(exception);
>   virtual void finish_chunk_parsing() throw(exception);
>
> The contents of parse_chunk can be stolen almost verbatim from
> parse_stream. I've put a small patch (with documentation and example)
> here:
>
>   http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/misc/libxml++.patch
>
> Any chance of getting it in?

You have implmeneted this by creating a parsing "context". We want to
use the "context" system for all of the parse_* methods so that we don't
have to use the current global settings. This has been discussed
elsewhere on the list a few times. I think we should do that first.

murray usa net