Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] Status

Murray Cumming wrote:

After Stefan remark concerning it's patch, I think I'm goind to branch before the initial patch commit.

Which remark?

My point was that, while lacking a lot of features, libxml++ before my
initial patch was consistent in the way it worked. My patch changed the perspective of what an xmlpp::Node actually is (for example), and this patch alone got libxml++ into an inconsistent state, which I attempted to fix in subsequent commits (for example SaxParser not using AttributeMap any more, making Attribute derive from Node, etc.)

In this light, I do think that any release should either not include any
changes from me, or more than the first patch (as I suggested we should
go through each change and discuss its relation with the overal goal
to stabilize the API).

Are you ok for that or do you prefer we keep initial Stefan patch into stable branch ?

We still have the patch in the patch manager so it's easy for me to
apply it again.

all we need to do is branch from the version just before the patch, and declare that branch to be the 'stable 1.0' branch. No need to reapply
anything.

Stefan