Re: [libxml++] [ libxmlplusplus-Patches-719921 ] patch to make it compile on NetBSD

Christophe de Vienne wrote:
Le Vendredi 11 Avril 2003 22:45, SourceForge.net a écrit :

And if this could happen, it would probably be better to throw an exception.

Stefan, since you wrote this part, what's your opinion ?

yes, absolutely. I had this code there because the set of node wrapper types
wasn't/isn't complete yet, i.e. 'processing instructions' and others aren't
covered. As I used that 'in house' I meant to track these messages and add
the missing types. Of course in a production environment there shouldn't be
any missing wrappers at all, or at least the system should bail out with
a meaningful message. I'd suggest assert(), as the situation really hints
at a bug in libxml++, not an (runtime) exceptional situation that could /
should be treated by application code.

Stefan