Re: Read: Re: Is libsoup for me?

On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 14:11 +0000, Biz.122 via libsoup-list wrote:
Hi,

So it's been a day, and I have been playing around and testing, and I
finally decided to go with libsoup. In only one day, I have been able
to implement authentication, ssl, page navigation (using url queries)
and so on. Perhaps I underestimated how powerful this thing is? I do
believe this lib will be an ideal choice here.

Admittedly, my initial hesitation was mostly fueled by the lack of
projects that made use of libsoup. Why is that? Didn't I look around
properly, or is it a too 'niche' kind of thing for most projects?

libsoup is used all over in the GNOME project. It is also the
networking backend used by the GTK+ and WPE ports of WebKit; and
therefore also by browsers that rely on WebKit, like Epiphany.

It is possible that other networking libraries have wider adoption, but
for projects that rely on other GNOME technologies libsoup is a natural
choice.

Cheers,

Claudio