Re: TLS/SSL support not available : Install glib-networking error on virtual machines

On 03/11/2014 09:46 PM, Niranjan Rao wrote:
Greetings,

I am encountering a strange situation - I am getting error "TLS/SSL
support not available : Install glib-networking" ONLY on virtual machines.

I have built webkit-2.2.3 and its related dependencies on Ubuntu 12.04
box. It runs fine so long as its not guest OS. I have even deployed it
to a clean ubuntu box to make sure it runs properly.

When I try do same setup using exactly same bits on virtual machine
(either on Virtual box or QEMU) I get above error.

Define "exactly the same bits". Are you literally using exactly the same
hard drive image on the real machine and the virtual machine?

On the other hand, it does run on amazon ec2 system. Does it have to be
how virtual machines interact with network. I have tried qemu, virtual
box and microsoft hyperv

It has nothing at all to do with the network. It's solely about whether
libgiognutls.so is installed into the right directory.

-- Dan