TLS/SSL support not available : Install glib-networking error on virtual machines

Greetings,

I am encountering a strange situation - I am getting error "TLS/SSL support not available : Install glib-networking" ONLY on virtual machines.

I have built webkit-2.2.3 and its related dependencies on Ubuntu 12.04 box. It runs fine so long as its not guest OS. I have even deployed it to a clean ubuntu box to make sure it runs properly.

When I try do same setup using exactly same bits on virtual machine (either on Virtual box or QEMU) I get above error.

Did some more debugging and it looks like g_tls_backend_supports_tls returns false for default back end on virtual box.

I am using following versions of relevant libraries
glib-2.38.2
glib-networking-2.38.2
libsoup-2.42.2

On the other hand, it does run on amazon ec2 system. Does it have to be how virtual machines interact with network. I have tried qemu, virtual box and microsoft hyperv

Regards,

Niranjan