Re: [sigc] libsigc++-3.0 release?

On Thu, 2019-08-29 at 17:07 -0400, Robert Middleton wrote:
There are two suggestions that I have before a release is made:
1. Add in more examples, the two that are there are very simple and
not very helpful(I can help adding some examples, but I don't have
great knowledge of how everything works together).

Do you mean here?
https://developer.gnome.org/libsigc++-tutorial/unstable/

or here?
https://github.com/libsigcplusplus/libsigcplusplus/tree/master/examples

or both?

What do you think should be shown in an example?

Most uses of libsigc++ should be quite simple, and I'm a little afraid
of making it seem otherwise.

2. I noticed that there are only 4 c++ files that are actually
compiled into the library; would it make sense to put those in the
headers so that libsigc++ would become a header-only library?

Being a header-only library could have its uses, but it would have some
downsides:

- That code in the .cc files can currently be changed without breaking
ABI. But once it is in the headers, we need to be very careful about
compatibility between different libraries compiled against different
minor versions of libsigc++.
- Even longer compile times (maybe not significant in this case).

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com