Re: [sigc] libsigc++-3.0 release?

On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 19:08 +0200, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
The plan has been to keep libsigc++-3.0 and API/ABI-breaking versions
of
some other modules (e.g. glibmm) very unstable until gtk4 and gtkmm4
become stable. I don't know when that will be.

But I wonder if that's really necessary or desirable for libsigc++-
3.0.
As far as I know, no more API/ABI-breaking changes are planned.

Murray, what do you say? Should we release the first stable version
of
libsigc++-3.0 soon, without waiting for gtk4 to become stable?

I agree. There's a real possibility that we'll only learn about the
need for some API-breaking change once we've had the attention that a
.0 release brings. But until gtkmm 4.0.0 happens, we'd still have a
chance to do a libsigc++ 4.0 if necessary.

Kjell, would you like to take care of doing a 3.0.0 release?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com