Re: [sigc] C++0x lambdas

On Sat, 2012-01-07 at 22:15 +0800, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> On 06/01/2012 21:21, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Instead of checking for particular compiler versions, we would generally
> > add a test that is run during configure time. That would test for the
> > compiler capability. There are already several tests like this in
> > libsigc++.
>
> That's not quite enough -- the type_trait specialization is supposed to go into
> a header (sigc++/functors/functor_trait.h looks appropriate) that users of the
> library will be including.
>
> If we add C++11-specific code there, we will break compilation for everyone who
> uses sigc++ and doesn't compile their application/library with -std=c++0x.

And I guess that it's  onsidered acceptable to use -std=c++0x with a
library that was not compiled with that option? Then, yes, that does
mean that a configure check won't be enough.

Maybe we can just put this in a separate header that people must
explicitly include if they need it?

However, it would still need a configure check, just so we can have a
test for it when appropriate.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com