Re: [sigc] Thread-safe

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 13:05 +0100, Topper Doggle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for a thread-safe signal/slot implementation.  Boost isn't and
> says so in its docs.  Is libsigc++?  I've searched but can't find any
> concrete information.

It depends on what you mean by thread-safe.  To the best of my
knowledge, the library does not use any non-const static data, or
non-const static data members.  On the other hand, it does not provide
locking of the members of any one slot or signal instance, and I
probably would not use it if it did.  For example, if you want to
connect a slot to a signal in one thread, and emit the signal in
another, in many cases you will need your own synchronisation.

What does your question relate to?

Chris