Re: [sigc] Linking dynamically with SigC++ (now rather: License)

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 18:20 +0200, Aristid Breitkreuz wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 06.07.2006, 07:58 +0200 schrieb Murray Cumming:
Another proposal would be tri-licensing MPL/GPL/LGPL as does Mozilla.
I think a better model to look to would be the stdc++ library.
I see no problem with LGPL+exception.
Copyright and author's right (I will never again dare to mix those two)
are complicated matters and of vast importance for software developers.
Still, nobody has cared enough yet to write that exception text.

The language of stdc++ contains this exception:

|As a special exception, you may use this file as part of a free software library without restriction. Specifically, if other files instantiate templates or use macros or inline functions from this file, or you compile this file and link it with other files to produce an executable, this file does not by itself cause the resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why the executable file might be covered by the GNU General Public License.

Perhaps a tweak of this would be a good starting place?