Re: libseed-list Using seed and libseed

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Danilo Cesar <danilo eu gmail com> wrote:
Hi Jeremiah. Although it's not official, I believe gjs is the
'standard' way of writing Gtk apps nowadays.

Ah okay, thanks. Too bad, Seed looked good. :-) And it has better documentation.

Cheers,

Jeremiah

Danilo

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Jeremiah Foster
<jeremiah foster pelagicore com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of seed and libseed? Are they the preferred tools to
> write GNOME Gtk apps in _javascript_? The mailing list archives for seedkit
> and libseed show fairly light traffic; is the seed approach still supported
> in GNOME? I've tried to follow some tutorials online but getting seed
> installed on my Debian platform is non-trivial. Its not packaged for Jessie
> and many of the dependecies appear to have changed names or need to be
> compiled in, like mprf.h. I'm not sure if I should invest the time to
> install seed if the project is not active.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeremiah

Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula
http://www.danilocesar.com