what was the state of the python bindings back in 0.8?

Hey guys, I just need a quick history lesson here.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that fedora 15 is going to ship
with libchamplain 0.8 instead of 0.10, which means that I'll have to
backport my app to the old 0.8 API if I want users of Fedora 15 to be
able to use my app. So, I made an initial attempt at this today, and I
ran into some problems.

I experienced a severe bug in which portions of the map would not
update properly, dependant on zoom level. At zoom level 0, the entire
map was fine. At level 1, something like a narrow bar down the middle
of the map wouldn't update, but I could pan around the map and see it
update on either side of this bar. At level 2, the top half was frozen
while the bottom half moved freely. At zoom level 3 and above, no
parts of the screen would update at all. I say 'frozen', but really
the map could be forced to redraw by resizing the window, and it would
show updated locations of where I'd navigated to, so it was clear that
the map was responding to input, just not drawing itself correctly.

I then went to an interactive python prompt and did the simplest
reproducer (a single window containing only the GtkChamplain.Embed()
widget), and it behaved the same way.

Now, I should mention at this point, that I started developing my app
against libchamplain 0.4 and static bindings, and then quickly
migrated to 0.6 and introspected bindings, and later migrated to
jhbuild and introspected bindings, so I kinda skipped the 0.8 series.
Was this a known bug in the 0.8 line? Is this possibly a result of
incorrect introspection annotations?

Should I bother filing a bug about this? Or should I just write off
Fedora 15 and tell my potential users that they'll have to wait for
Fedora 16 in order to have the necessary dependencies to run my app?

--
http://exolucere.ca