Local rendering creates blank tiles

while I was testing the python memphis bindings of libchamplain, I noticed that local rendering through libchamplain doesn't work at all on my system.

"memphis/demos/tile-renderer.py" and "pymemphis/examples/tile-renderer.py" render the tiles correct, but "libchamplain/demos/local-rendering" shows only an arc:

I installed libchamplain and memphis with the following commands using Ubuntu 10.4:

Did I forgot something during the installation?
Upgrading to memphis-0.2.2 makes no difference. I tried it on my system and a clean Ubuntu virtual maschine.

Best regards,