Re: Vala bindings for 0.6 (was [ANNOUNCE] libchamplain 0.6)

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 20:55, Tomaž Vajngerl <quikee gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have managed to separate champlain and champlain-memphis. It was
> easier then I tought. :) Additionally I have created the regeneration
> smarter as it now depends on the source state not on what you have
> installed. "create.sh" should now always regenerate the .vapi file
> when triggered and the sources and library is available in the source
> folder (after compilation).
>
> I have created a merge request from my gitorious repository -
> http://gitorious.org/~quikee/libchamplain/quikees-mainline.
>
> Please check if this is now satisfactory or not.

Looks good. I made a few cleanups and also partly automatic version
string substitution in makefiles and the script. Unfortunately,
vala-gen-introspect requires that the directory (and files inside) has
the same name as the pkgconfig package name, so it has to contain the
version number. Manual version number incrementing is a bit
error-prone...

My modifications are here:

http://gitorious.org/~techy/libchamplain/techy-vala

Please look at it if it's OK. Just a question - do we have to
version-control the .gi files now? Since introspect and vapigen are
both called in the script and we provide the .vapi files, it looks
it's not necessary.

Thanks for your work!

Jiri