Re: A potentially unpopular question...

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> wrote:
> Yes, it should be possible (despite not being legal - you cannot use
> the tiles in non-web applications according to the license). You can

Are you certain of that? This page here implies differently:

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/index.html

It does say "The Maps API is a free service, available for any web
site that is free to consumers.", but then under the 'Web Services'
section it says "Use URL requests to access geocoding, directions,
elevation, and places information from _client_applications_, and
manipulate the results in JSON or XML."

So I'm not really sure what to believe there.

--
http://exolucere.ca