Re: New maintainer

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 23:13, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin
<pierre-luc pierlux com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 23:06 +0200, Jiří Techet wrote:
>> There have been particularly many changes in the API in this release -
>> I hope that things get more stable in the next releases so updating
>> bindings won't require so much work.
>
> Just a quick tip here:
> Plan the releases ahead, and plan a API freeze date about a week before
> the release.  That'll leave time for binders to update their bindings.
> That's about what I've been doing (but I usually left a week-end, and
> that's too short!).
>
> On the other hand, only the last development release should get working
> bindings and every stable release should get working bindings.  So far,
> odd release are development, even are stable.
>
> Pierre-Luc

Or in other words, when following the gnome schedule here:

http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirtyone/

this would happen:

August 2 - API freeze
August 16 - libchamplain 0.7.90 - with bindings if they are ready

and API will be stable till September 29, which should be a plenty of
time for bindings adaptation. In general API changes should be made at
the beginning of the release cycle (I know I know, I haven't followed
this very much with 0.5 - but it was you who should have stopped me
;-)

Jiri