Re: las-gnome Meeting Notes | May 16, 2018

Hey everyone,

Here are a couple clarifications regarding the website.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 3:04 PM, Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis gmail com> wrote:
=== Website Status and updates ===
* Right now there is something up and it still needs content. Link is still trying to get authentication running.

We have manual, local accounts working right now. OSEM claims to offer OAuth/OpenID authentication through services like GitHub, but I have so far been unsuccessful in getting that working. I think the local accounts are fine though; perhaps it even makes people feel more like they're registering for the conference?

* We have a OSEM instance right now. We will probably port what we have from Wordpress into OSEM.
 * Will the OSEM instance be easy to edit for non-developers?

OSEM has a lot of features that you don't see when just viewing the site without logging. Administrators of conferences have forms to edit almost all the content. I encourage everyone to sign up for an account. Sri or I can make you an admin so you can view the admin pages.

* We're not sure if GNOME has infrastructure hosting bandwidth, so it's on Link's server

To be clear, the temporary DNS name is mine. The server itself Sri procured from Linode.

 * We need Tom's help in design.
* Previous blocker was getting the old site archived and get the new one set up * ACTION: Michael to look into the theming of OSEM so that once we have design resources, we can start on that
 * ACTION: Sri to check about how easy it is to edit content
 * ACTION: Sri to see if we can archive the old las.gnome.org website