las-gnome LAS GNOME 2017 Papers Committee?

Hi all,

Would you wonderful people be willing to be on the papers committee again this year? If you can't do so this year, can you please let me know asap?

If all goes according to plan (wouldn't that be nice?) a suggested timeline for this would be:
  • Thurs, Aug 17th: announce CfP and LAS GNOME
  • Sun, Sept 3rd: papers submission deadline
  • Sun, Sept 10th: papers acceptance emails
What do you guys think? The conference would be Nov 2 - 5, so this would give people about a month to book travel. We may also want to consider something like a rolling acceptance -- but let me know what you think!

Below I'm including some possible tracks for papers that we came up with for the bid. Totally just a suggestion though.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Best,
Nuritzi

Possible Tracks for Papers

  • Community Engagement & Marketing - How are we getting the news out about all of these things? How do we measure success?

  • Newcomer Story - How do we get newcomers to start building Linux Apps?

  • Social Impact & Ethics - How are we involving corporations/proprietary software? How do we engage with government?

  • Developer Story - e.g. Builder and Flatpak

  • Distribution - What value do different distributions provide? (maybe we can have a panel)

  • Business & Legal - Linux application market stories. How are these being used? What are some of the legal issues we need to keep in mind?

3 Headline Speakers: 1 hr

6 Speakers: 45 mins

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless