las-gnome local team update

Here is the local team updates:

Important Actions to be done:

Action: Meet with Venue to plan room arrangement pre and post core days (justin,sri,danielle)  Deadline - Friday August 26

Action: Design entry banner, figure out where to put it Deadline - Friday August 26, 2016 (??)

Action: Identify printers for banner, cost, and time line Deadline :Wednesday 24, 2016, (sri, justin)

Action: Trial printing registration cards - need to also find printer

Actions done:

Justin and I mailed about 20 newspapers, radio, blogs/podcasts in order to drum up interest.  Still need to do more with that.
Our list is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1szSb1xM-gNfQe5ODiV25_u8j7WcWdL2PIY8qhougNag/edit?usp=sharing

We need someone to take care of SFO and Seattle or any other relevant place.

Upcoming:

Justin will publish a media plan today or tomorrow.

Teresa researched the following groups as targets for outreach:
http://pdxlinux.org/
http://www.meetup.com/RainSec - security group
http://pdxdeveops.org/
Ruby, Python, Puppet and AWS user groups
http://hackpdx.com/
http://stumptownsyndicate.org/ (I actually have a direct contact)
http://codensplode.org/ - women in tech focus on coders
http://www.pdxwit.org/

In addition we have the Maker community, so we should target the hackerspaces in Portland and San Francisco.  Hackerspaces in Portland are:

http://pdxhackerspace.org/
http://www.meetup.com/CTRL-H/ (in fact there is a meet up today! Teresa, you should come! )
https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/Portland,_OR - list of all hte hackerspaces in Portland.

Finally, I actually administer the local kernel and open source beer list, and so I will post something there and hopefully do a call for volunteers to see if they can help man registration and what not.

I can probably get a group of us to go there and see if we can set up an appointment to talk about LAS GNOME and see if we can drive some registration.  Id love to start getting people to register on the spot.  We could drum up some interest in GNOME builder and flatpak and see if they want to either hack or convert their apps/webapps over.

sri