las-gnome Fwd: can you weigh in on website? las.gnome.org

Feedback from Nathan regarding our website.

sri

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nathan Willis <nwillis glyphography com>
Date: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: can you weigh in on website? las.gnome.org
To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>

Righto.  Couple o notes:

- I would lose the "and/or" in the first paragraph; just make it an 'or'

- In 'who should attend', I'd change "want to expand the distribution" to "want to extend its reach"

I also think I would move the "what is the purpose of this conference" section up to the top. I would also do a couple of small wording changes to that paragraph, like so:

"
This is a new free and open-source software conference. We want to improve the developer experience, extend software-distribution models, and evolve the desktop experience to match our non-Linux platform competitors.

How? By empowering attendees with the knowledge and resources necessary to create a vibrant Linux application market.
We encourage participants to explore subjects spanning from the kernel, to the user experience, to the social and legal questions surrounding the Linux application ecosystem.

"

Also, in the "here are some topics" bullet-point list, note that two of the bullet points end with a period and two end with no punctuation.  Either's fine, but they oughta all be the same.

That's my five-minute take.  Otherwise I'd say I think it looks really good!

Nate