Re: las-gnome Notes | LAS GNOME Meeting Aug 19th

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
Here are our meeting notes from today. Please send any other updates you have asap.

Thanks!

Best,
Nuritzi

MEETING NOTES
-------
Aug 19, 2016
Attendees: Nuritzi, Sri, Alexandre, Doug

  • Weekly Updates:
  • Registered participants: 7
  • Talks: settled
  • Sponsorship:
  • - We have $5K in travel sponsorship
  • - Open Suse: $5,000
  • - Code Think: $2,000

  • - Aleph Objects: $500
  • - Collabora: $2,500 and a speaker
  • - Intel: $1,000
  • - Endless: $500

  • Action Steps:
  • @Zana - invoice Endless for $500, Intel for $1K, Aleph Objects $500, Collabora $2,500

  • @Alexandre - add the speakers to a separate page DONE
  • - add the title of the talk to the schedule once Meg has finished providing the information
  • - ask Patrick if we can reuse the talk submission software for people to send their BoF idea

  • @Nuritzi - send email to engagement list and foundation list encouraging them to register and requests travel budget if needed
  • @Nuritzi - message Zana about invoices
  • @Nuritzi - update the sponsor page
  • @Nuritzi - figure out Square payments for LAS GNOME

  • @Meg - send email to developers list to encourage them to register for LAS GNOME

Does this item mean that I should send the email to GNOME desktop-devel list?

  • @Sri - target some local universities
  • @Sri - sign the contract to secure the internet $4,000
  • @Sri - email Holly to see how we can divide the rooms into smaller spaces. At least two BoFs per day, but should try to allocate more space.
  • @Sri - figure out communication channels (telegram and IRC). Set up a telegram channel.

  • @Justin - help figure out the social calendar and marketing plan

  • @Local team - needs to make sure that Collabora's money goes partly to snacks

  • @All - target specific user groups to drive registration
  • @All - book our own travel

  • Need an owner:
  • - prepare a press release for Portland Business Journal (and as many others as possible), send it to them 1 week before. Try to find some similar journals in SF, Seattle, LA, etc.
  • - press release on gnome.org and blasted with social media about 24 hours before the event
  • - we need to figure out how many BoFs we can hold at once and set up a wiki page to get people to sign up
  • - update the "About" section for LAS GNOME

  • Something to consider:
  • - should we use Etherpad to allow people to sign up for BoFs?
  • - open up BoFs by Monday, August 29th

  • Updates:
  • From Meg:
  • 1. sent out emails to elementary devs and westcoast hackfest atendees. elementary responded saying they've used up their travel budget for the year so won't be attending.
  • 2. sent kat an email with a draft letter to send to foundation list about travel sponsorship. said that the hotel cost is 129/double room because that's what i see on the website for the hotel sri sent.
  • 3. forwarded the abstract from matthew garrett to afranke, will ask ashesh again today for his abstract

  • From Sri:
  • 1. Intel is willing to sponsor us for $1K
  • 2. Might be getting some money from Yachto Foundation
  • 3. Nathan can't make it to LAS GNOME

  • From Nuritzi
  • 1. Endless is willing to sponsor us for $500

  • From Alexandre:
  • 1. Waiting for the titles from Meg

Alex and Asheesh  said they will get me abstracts and titles by Monday. I sent Matthew Garrett's to Alexandre. Does anyone know if we have this info from Matt? If not, can someone send me his contact info? I haven't been in touch with him at all re: LAS GNOME.

Thanks!
Meg

  • We should try to get press to cover the event. Brian will be there. He does a lot in the media for open source. He has a podcast.
  • We should prepare a press release for Portland Business Journal send it to them 1 week before.
  • We need to figure out where people will submit their BoFs

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless