Re: las-gnome Update on Accepted Talks, next steps

Thanks, it looks good to me.
Only one nitpick in the emails: "Eliot Centre"->"Eliot Center".

Cheers,
Cosimo

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Adelia Rahim <adeliarahim gmail com> wrote:
Hi team,

So the talks committee has selected these 4 talks proposals;

1) New world, new tools - Jussi Pakkanen
2) GNOME Usability Testing - Jim Hall
3) Limited connectivity, Endless apps! - Joaquim Rocha
4) Endless Summer of Code: Getting Involved in OSS - Stephano Cetola

What I’m going to do after this, is send the following email to these speakers to inform them. I”m putting Aug 7 as a deadline for them to confirm. And then next week, we can start populating the website with this information and I can also start tweeting this from LAS GNOME account.

I will only send the rejection email to those not accepted, after the Aug 7 deadline for the accepted speakers.

Do you all think this works fine?

Also do take a look at the accepted and rejection emails below and let me know if you have any comments.

=========================
Accepted email

Hello (name),

We have accepted your talk, “__________________", as we think it will make a great addition to LAS GNOME.

Please confirm by August 7, 2016 whether you are still planning to and able to present it. If you can make it, also submit a photo and 2 sentences about yourself for us to put on the LAS GNOME website.

Your talk will be scheduled to take place on 19-21 September in Portland, Oregon. If you have any special requirements for your talk scheduling or equipment, please let us know now.

You can find more information about getting to Portland at http://las.gnome.org/travel/.

The Eliot Centre – the event venue – is conveniently located in downtown Portland. You can visit http://travelportland.com/ for information on nearby downtown hotels, hotel offers and travel specials.

+ to delete if not GNOME member
If you are planning to request travel sponsorship from the GNOME Foundation, please follow the process at https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Request using the latest form.

Looking forward to seeing you in Portland,
LAS GNOME talks committee

========================
Rejection email

Hello (name),

Thank you for submitting a talk for LAS GNOME. We have had a lot of excellent submissions this year, with strong competition for the available slots. Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your talk, “_________________", but we hope to still see
you in Portland!

You can register to attend at lasreg.gnome.org. Registration is necessary, and the fee is donation-based. Feel free to support us by paying as much as you're able to.

You can find more information about getting to Portland at http://las.gnome.org/travel/. The Eliot Centre – the event venue – is conveniently located in downtown Portland. You can visit http://travelportland.com/ for information on nearby downtown hotels, hotel offers and travel specials.

+ to delete if not GNOME member
If you are planning to request travel sponsorship from the GNOME Foundation, please follow the process at https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Request using the latest form.

Best regards,
LAS GNOME talks committee