Re: New Bindings modules (python)

> Would you like to put pygtk on the schedule?

Sure, but I can only answer for pygtk
(gobject,atk,pango,gdk/gtk,libglade) and not for gnome-python which is
Gustavo Carneiros area these days. I've only done the releases.

I guess I can do PyORBit releases too if required.

> I am more concerned about the gnome-python tarball, because it seems to
> wrap gtkhtml2 and libgnomeprint*. which are not part of the GNOME
> Platform and therefore might not be API stable. I also wonder how
> API-stable the bonobo stuff is. I thought I saw libwnck bindings as
> well, but maybe that was just in cvs. Can you give me a full list of the
> stuff that you do wrap, such as libglade, libgnome, libgnomeui, gconf,
> etc?

pygtk:
  gobject
  atk
  pango
  gtk
  libglade

gnome-python:
  libbonobo
  libbonoboui
  gconf
  libpanelapplet
  libgnomecanvas
  libgnome
  libgnomeui
  nautilus
  gnome-vfs
  libart_lgpl
  libgnomeprint
  libgnomeprintui
  gtkhtml2

pyorbit:
  ORBit2

There exists python bindings for libxml2, libxslt and vte, but they are
included upstream. I think there are bindings for gstreamer and
gtksourceview but they are available from other places.

I haven't heard of libwnck bindings.

For bonobo API stability issues, please contact Gustavo (putting him on
CC)

> If it's absolutely necessary then we can maybe bend the rules just to
> get you on board. But I'd need to know what exceptions we are making and
> why, so that we can communicate that to users of the platform.

I guess including libgnomeprint[ui] in the tarball is still a good idea,
but I'm all in favour of removing gtkhtml2.

--
Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>