New Bindings modules (python)

I really hope we can get the python bindings on the schedule this time.
It looks like they are already very much on track to wrap GTK+ 2.4 in
time.

For the purposes of the discussion, I will regard Johan Dahlin as the
gnome-python maintainer, because he has been making releases and because
I need some point of contact. Of course, James Henstridge can override
that anytime.

Johan, it looks like the pygtk module is on track and easily meets the
existing Bindings rules:
  http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/bindings/rules.html
and schedule:
  http://www.gnome.org/start/2.7/
Would you like to put pygtk on the schedule?

I am more concerned about the gnome-python tarball, because it seems to
wrap gtkhtml2 and libgnomeprint*. which are not part of the GNOME
Platform and therefore might not be API stable. I also wonder how
API-stable the bonobo stuff is. I thought I saw libwnck bindings as
well, but maybe that was just in cvs. Can you give me a full list of the
stuff that you do wrap, such as libglade, libgnome, libgnomeui, gconf,
etc?

If it's absolutely necessary then we can maybe bend the rules just to
get you on board. But I'd need to know what exceptions we are making and
why, so that we can communicate that to users of the platform.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com