Kupfer crashing on Ubuntu 12.10 with Gnome-shell

Hi there.

I love Kupfer and have been using it at least a couple of years. It's one of the first things I installed when I upgraded to the Ubuntu beta. It runs, but I have noticed two problems:

1. It doesn't seem to register itself to start-up on login (despite the checkbox) -- this is probably due to some new Gnome Shell changes.

2. It crashes. I've attached output from kupfer --debug but the operative bit seems to be:

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on org.freedesktop.DBus:/org/freedesktop/DBus: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Thanks!