Re: Kupfer logo

2010/5/5 Martin Koelewijn <martinkoelewijn gmail com>:
> Hey all,
>
> nice to hear from kupfer again. Good effort for a logo too. Some
> thoughts, do with them as you like.
> 1. When zoomed out to like tray bar size you can't really tell anymore
> what you see. Maybe you could use some more contrasting colors (at
> least for that size).
> 2. The red circle reminded me of the opera logo (capital O ),
> especially with the top being more narrow than the sides. If you use
> e.g. blue (and leave the copper colors for the globe / disk), it would
> also fit tango better.
> 3. The whole thing reminded me of the female symbol (you know, the
> Aphrodite / Venus mirror, as opposed to the Ares / Mars arrow). If it's
> going to look like a magnifying glass, maybe turn the + into a |,
> which would still fit the copper symbol. I think the female symbol is
> better known than the copper symbol, so I'd try to avoid the
> association. As you can see here
> (http://chemistry.about.com/od/periodictableelements/ig/Alchemy-Symbols/index.01.htm)
> you have some options for a copper symbol. I do like the idea to use it.
>
> Just my two cents; feel free to disagree.
>
> VCoolio

The Achemic symbol of copper is exactly the same as the symbol of
femininity, and the alchemically connected planet is Venus (another
woman, if you care). I don't think the association is a problem;
either users won't think about it or we'll make them think.

Anyway, great to hear more voices on the ML.

Ulrik