Re: Kupfer logo

2010/5/5 nasser <designernasser gmail com>:
> Hi there,
>
> I started using Kupfer for about 5 days now, and I really love it.
> I noticed that it has no logo, so I decided to make one.
> The logo's colors are based on the copper colors and I used the alchemy
> symbol and tried to make the circle looks like a magnifying class.
>
> This is my first try in submitting a logo to gnome.org so I'm sorry if I
> did something wrong :)
>
> I hope you like it :)

Hi,

Great to hear that you like Kupfer. It is also really nice that we
finally have a proposal for a new logo. I don't know if you have used
Quicksilver, but you should look it up, the icon is kind of similar
:-) However if you like this, that's good as it is; it all comes from
they way kupfer's name was chosen..

I think this icon together with with some modification in this
direciton would be good:
http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines  I don't know
how up to date these guidelines are, but trying to make icons that fit
into this type of scheme (or fit into current gnome icon theme icons)
is worthwhile IMO (it converts a nice icon into something that looks
good in the application menu next to all the other icons).  I tried
adding fatter border to the big circle and I think it already improved
it. Then Inkscape crashed :-(

What do you think?

Ulrik