Re: Pidgin Plugin

Hi Ulrik,

On 23/10/09 11:50, Ulrik Sverdrup wrote:

Not that I know of. I have looked at Pidgin's D-Bus API (which is
HUGE) and thought about it, but not tried implementing anything.

If you want to try it, I'm happy to test and review it. Otherwise,
what would your design of the plugin be, even if you can't make it
yourself: What objects should be available, what could the user do?

I was thinking to implement the same way the gnome-do plugins does. It seems to do that in a very simple way by parsing the .purple/blist.xml config file.

It is possible i guess from there to check via dbus the availibity of the contact.

I can have a try at this, what is the best way to start hacking on kupfer ? I mean aside of the docs and the code example, is Kupfer support autoreloading the plugin or need to do a restart all the time?

Chmouel.