Re: [jokosher-devel] gentoo portage ebuild

Okay, I might as well have a thread to myself, apologies to all you
Ubuntu people who do not give a flying monkeys, you do have a threaded
email client right? ;)

I have started an alternative Jokosher guide for Gentoo:

http://userdocs.jokosher.org/JokosherOnGentoo2

Feel free to improve it. As you can see it is far shorter than this

http://userdocs.jokosher.org/JokosherOnGentoo

Warning: I have not tested this comprehensively yet, I have probably
left something vital out, so as it says on the guide, do not bother to
use it (unless you are confident with both Jokosher and Gentoo), I
doubt it will kill your system, but it might not get you a working
Jokosher yet.

I just have to set up a machine that does not have Jokosher or its
dependencies yet, i.e. a Vanilla Gentoo install, my current system is
too Jokosherfied already, with gstreamers and all. It will take me the
best part of an evening for the computer to install Gentoo, so I will
start at a more decent hour. However once I am sure it works,
installing Jokosher on Gentoo should not be made harder than I have
written in the new guide.

Best Wishes,
Zeth