Re: [jokosher-devel] Moving icons

On 9/26/06, Chris Brown <snecklifter gmail com> wrote:
Easy one here folks (I think) but I'm not sure how to do it. I've been asked
to move the jokosher.png out of site-packages/jokosher and into the system
pixmaps directory. Actually installing it in there is no problem of course
and being just a fedora thing I could patch to hardcode the location in
Jokosher.py but is there a better way to do this? ie. Can you identify a
system images path in Python? Help greatly appreciated.

There isn't really a universal way of doing this, because (a) the
system images path may differ (it'll certainly differ in some future
Windows or Mac OS version, for example), and (b) Jokosher should run
without being "installed" into system paths. I'm inclined to say that
the best way to fix this is to patch for Fedora; if this alters a lot
then it might be a good idea for us to maintain a Paths.py which
everyone patches (rather than you having to look through the code to
find patch places).

sil

--
New Year's Day --