[jokosher-devel] Very important - only use glade >= 3.0.2

While I was updating the translations today I noticed that many string were missing from the POT file. It turns out that in Glade-3 only GtkLabel can have the translatable="yes" property in the XML. This means translations for menu items and toolbars are getting lost.

It says on the glade home page[1] that this is fixed in Glade 3.0.2 (the one in edgy). I now have to go through the XML by hand and add translatable="yes" to all the places that require it, since that is easier that trying to find all the effected strings in Glade.

So please, if you have to commit a change to the glade file, you *must* use 3.0.2 or else we will lose the translations. You can get the glade 3.0.2 sources from the link below, or just use the one in edgy.

Laszlo

[1] http://glade.gnome.org/index.html