Re: [jokosher-devel] Managing extensions

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:58:53AM +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> I've now added this, and my freesound extension is using it (but
> that's not committed yet). Haven't updated the wiki yet.

Excellent :)

Have you any experience with eggs (or do you leave that to Mrs Aq). I tried
making sense of the docs last night and ... whilst it's quite comprehensive
it's a bit lacking in actual real examples. This makes it a bit hard finding
out what we need to know. There are some tutorials kicking around and it
looks like it might making handling extensions a bit of a doddle as far as
jokosher itself is concerned. Certainly a fair bit easier than untarring
archives etc. The actual building of the egg itself however seems a bit like
black magic with lots of farting around with setup files and__init__.py and
stuff and I'm not sure how much of this is strictly necessary for our needs.

--
John Green