[jokosher-devel] Problems with sound sinks

I've filed it now - wanted to check this wasn't an obvious config
issue first - Im a recent linux convert.

The app is very usable for a 0.2, keep up the good work guys.......

Greg.

On 11/27/06, Jono Bacon <jonobacon gmail com> wrote:
On 11/26/06, Greg Lowe <greg vis net nz> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've had problems when switching from Jokosher to Totem to play an Ogg.
>
> Totem appears to be playing normally but does not produce any sound.
> If I close Jokosher then you can hear totem.
>
> I've also had a problem when trying to playback sound within jokosher
> after switch from another app (I think it was xmms). I get a dialog
> with the following text:
>
>       Argh! Something went wrong and a serious error occurred:
>
>       Resource busy or not available.
>
>       gstalsasink.c(636): gst_alsasink_open (): /timeline/playbackbin/
>       alsasink0:
>       Device 'hw:0' is busy
>
> After closing and reopening Jokosher, i got the same error again.
> After logging out of gnome and logging in again - I still got the same
> error message.
>
> I had to restart!
>
> Is there some way to reset alsa or the device driver - with out having
> to restart?

Yeah this is obvously a problem with apps hogging the device. I would
assume this is a bug in either ALSA or GStreamer's ALSA sinks, or
maybe in dmix if you are running it.

Is this filed as a bug?

  Jono