[jokosher-devel] Problems with sound sinks

Hey all,

I've had problems when switching from Jokosher to Totem to play an Ogg.

Totem appears to be playing normally but does not produce any sound.
If I close Jokosher then you can hear totem.

I've also had a problem when trying to playback sound within jokosher
after switch from another app (I think it was xmms). I get a dialog
with the following text:

     Argh! Something went wrong and a serious error occurred:

     Resource busy or not available.

     gstalsasink.c(636): gst_alsasink_open (): /timeline/playbackbin/
     alsasink0:
     Device 'hw:0' is busy

After closing and reopening Jokosher, i got the same error again.
After logging out of gnome and logging in again - I still got the same
error message.

I had to restart!

Is there some way to reset alsa or the device driver - with out having
to restart?

Cheers,
Greg.