Re: [jokosher-devel] Track Position Markers

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 12:17:13PM -0500, Laszlo Pandy wrote:
> The idea is that when you record something, you can put markers on the
> event like "guitar solo starts", or "second speaker starts" and then you
> can move everything around and try different ways to edit your
> song/podcast and you never have to update your labels. Jokosher will tie
> them to the specific audio and move the label wherever the audio goes. I
> can imagine this being useful for podcast show notes, because many
> podcasts are recorded in segments and then rearranged.

There's a case for doing both. Some labels would definitely go with events
e.g. interview for podcast. Others like, say, "Middle eight" would be tied
to bar 17 in the timeline and aren't fixed to a single event. Indeed they
span all the instruments and all events at that moment.

--
John Green