Re: [jokosher-devel] The road to 1.0

I absolutely agree that we must end the dependence on CVS. It's a pain and a
hindrance to a wider take-up. I was wondering if it might be possible to
make future features that depend on external libraries optional. By that I
mean that if you had a more advanced GStreamer that allowed you to do
looping then Jokosher would recognise that and if you didn't then tough but
Jokosher would still function with everything else. That way you could have
the bleeding edge if you wanted it but you don't have to depend on it.

That's what we tried to do initially (remember the "Jokosher is
missing some features; it may not work properly" window?) but in
practice it was decided that it was too hard to do; we now have a hard
dependency on some things (like the audiopanorama plugin).

sil

--
Also, thank you for reducing my productivity by introducing me to
bash.org