Re: [jokosher-devel] The road to 1.0

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 08:23:43AM +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> We should decide on exactly what features need to go into 1.0.
> Obviously bugfixes as bugs arise, but what else? I think everyone
> wants to have Network Instruments and the VoIP stuff, and we get to be
> fully Gnome buzzword compliant by using Telepathy as well :) We should
> have a meeting about this. What does everyone think to Sunday 26th
> November (this Sunday) at 2pm GMT?

I will try and make 2pm Sunday but I can't guarantee it atm.

I absolutely agree that we must end the dependence on CVS. It's a pain and a
hindrance to a wider take-up. I was wondering if it might be possible to
make future features that depend on external libraries optional. By that I
mean that if you had a more advanced GStreamer that allowed you to do
looping then Jokosher would recognise that and if you didn't then tough but
Jokosher would still function with everything else. That way you could have
the bleeding edge if you wanted it but you don't have to depend on it. Or is
it just easier to have a stable version that's in line with distros for
other stuff and always 6 months out of date and the svn version with more
features but more of a challenge to install?

--
John Green