[jokosher-devel] Jokosher RC - Test the tarball!
- From: Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com>
- To: Jokosher gnome <jokosher-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher RC - Test the tarball!
- Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:10:56 -0500
All our critical bugs have been fixed, and our final icons have been
finished, with a day to go before release.
Here is a tarball with the latest code and extensions:
If all goes well, this revision we be released on Monday. You can
install the package on your system by running:
sudo python setup.py install
Please remember that python distutils does not provide an uninstall
feature, so you will have to remove it manually. I have provided a list
of files and folders that it installs at the bottom of the setup.py
file, so you know what to delete.
Things that still need to be done:
* The README in the tarball is out of date. It should be rewritten for
0.2 will all the proper dependencies, and install instructions.
* There are no translations included in the tarball. I will fix this
once I get everything out of Rosetta.
* Make the Jokosher Ubuntu script download and unpack this tarball, so
people don't have to download Jokosher from SVN.
* Write docs on how to download and install Jokosher.
* Decided if we are releasing a DEB/RPM (or is it useless because we
require gstreamer CVS?) and get packaging people to be ready for the
final tarball tomorrow.
* Test, test test!
* Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
] [Thread Prev