Re: [jokosher-devel] New runscript

On 11/13/06, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
I see the theory, but there are two issues with that:
1. The user might already have some of the packages installed. This is
what I meant by checking for compile-time dependencies; I can give a
list of what's required, but I want to only show the ones *you haven't
got*, just as we do with runtime dependencies

Doesn't matter, if you do apt-get install <big list of packages>, it'll
only install the missing ones.

2. I don't think I have time to install five or six different distros
and learn how to install packages on them :(

That's where you appeal to the community for help :)

I might try and do it for some version of ubuntu...