Re: [jokosher-devel] Where should the images go?

On 27/07/06, Jeff Ratliff <jefrat gmail com > wrote:
The license issue really just seems to be one of having the exceptions
to the GPL in  a separate file. Should be pretty easy to deal with.

Sure but how? Can someone get the license up on the website in a prominent location?

As far as the other stuff, it looks like we've got some more hoops to
jump through. Paul Johnson is a really nice guy, and has done a lot to
help us along. Michael Schwendt is not so nice, but he really knows
his stuff on packaging. If they drop the package because it's not
ready for Extras, it might be harder the second time around.

Nah, I'll just keep pestering them.

We may want to get all the packaging bugs fixed then bump them again.
Either that or hold off and package 0.2 (or  0.1.x snapshot without
alsaaudio dependencies).

Or I could package alsaaudio for 0.1. But then I wouldn't be mad keen on maintaining it when J no longer needs it.

We still have a working RPM available for
people to download from the web site.

True.

I'm interested in helping with all this, I just haven't had the time
to dig into the packaging end with all the documentation stuff going
on.

Its okay, I've got this covered and its all grist to the mill. I've already sorted most of their queries and am preparing a resubmission. I'll update the wiki on this as well.

Cheers
Chris