Re: [jokosher-devel] Planning 0.2

On 23/07/06, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
> Most project (like also mine) have faced this already. I check for
> libgnome and if present use it to trigger yelp. If there is no libgnome,
> there is no help. You can of course check for
> mozilla/firefox/epiphany/seamonkey/galeon/opera/lynx/... and use the
> first you find as a help browser.

We're a Gnome application, though, so (a) libgnome should always be
there, and (b) if we want to start a web browser then shelling out to
"gnome-open /blah/blah/help.html" is the way forward, I feel.
For the record, I checked earlier and yelp will open an HTML document
without complaining. You don't get the nice navigation pane on the
side like you would if it were Docbook, but it'll work OK as a help
browser.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)