Re: [jokosher-devel] Documentation Team - plan for 0.1

On 14/07/06, Dennis Lichtenthäler <dennis lichtenthaeler episode-iv de> wrote:

Fellow Documentation hackers!

Jeff Ratliff wrote:
> =FAQ= - There's a LOT to do here. I don't know how much time I'll have
> to work on it. Feel free to edit, add and change. Follow the TODO if
> possible, but there's plenty more to be added.
I think we should try to get all the important known bugs and limitations
(seeking, recording multiple instruments) in there so everyone using 0.1 will
know that certain things are bound not to work.

Right. My feeling is if something is obvious to the user (like the
click track) it should be documented in the User Guide as not yet
implemented (or a bug). If it's not obvious (recording multiple
instruments) it should go in the FAQ. Currently I have to place the
FAQ as a lower priority until the User Guide is done. Feel free to add
stuff. After release I assume it will change rapidly as we see what
questions we get on the Forums.

I've taken care to write the current documentation mentioning German terms for
specific options ('Bearbeiten' for 'Edit' and so on) but putting the terms
that people are going to find in the UI right beside that so even without
relabeled screenshots things should be pretty easy to find. If you could put
the screenshots somewhere for me to get, I'd translate them of course.
I'll probably do screen shots over the weekend and put them up on my
server. I don't think there will be many with callouts.

Packaging the docs as HTML isn't a problem either... Once we've got a new
layout for the website, it'd sure be nice to include the custom style sheet to
give the docs a more Jokosher'y feel.
Yes, there's a lot to be done after release, but I'm trying not to
think about it.  :)  I'm assuming Mr. Kosher will handle styles for
the online docs for now, but if I get a chance I'll try to link in the
style sheets on the new jokosher.org.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)