Re: [jokosher-devel] Ubuntu packager required

On 8/8/06, CodeNexus <codenexus gmail com> wrote:
I merely suggested that there maybe someone on this mailing list _or_
someone they know that can do this, has time to do this and would want to do
this.

I understand the point entirely. The problem is that "people on this
list who can do this" is a one-member set, Daniel Holbach, and he's
too busy maintaining up-to-date packages in edgy to create backported
packages for dapper. I like the idea, certainly, and if someone steps
up to the plate and offers to backport the edgy gst packages to dapper
then I'm sure we'd host them for downloads, but no-one has so far had
both the time and the technical knowledge to do that.

Daniel: is "backporting" the edgy gst packages to dapper likely to be
anything more complicated than "apt-get -b source gstreamer" (and all
related gst packages)?

sil

--
A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps,
snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana