Re: [jokosher-devel] Ubuntu packager required

Hey,

Sorry but you misunderstand my point.  If I want to help out on a project
that, granted is in development, I suddenly have to go to a completely
unstable development version of the entire OS?  That, to me any, seems nuts!
Especially when new Gstreamer versions have been releasing more up to date
packages in other distros.

But you don't. If you want to helpp the project, just grab the latest
CVS version of GStreamer. If you read
http://jokosher.python-hosting.com/wiki/InstallingCvsGstreamer it will
tell you how to set up a CVS GStreamer that lives alongside you
distribution version, and you just switch it on when you want to poke
around with Jokosher.

It is unfeasible in most cases to ship current versions of GStreamer
for existing distros due to the potential for regressions. In any
case, if you want to help with development of Jokosher, you will need
a recent CVS GStreamer so you can get the recent bugfixes that are
happening as a result of Jokosher development.

Hope this helps clear some of this up. :)

 Jono